It’s finally the weekend.
During another busy news week, we reported Tornado hits parts of Mississippilearned it We have been monitoring them and were able to learn more about the rule changes. .
again,I ordered a new hearing and now I know why , Found off the coast of North Carolina, reporting which states had the most and which had the least
But that’s not all.
Below are our weekly Saturday Sixes. Here’s a summary of half a dozen news stories in no particular order, ranging from poignant to bizarre to tragic and everything in between.
- of study A 2021 publication in the journal Research in Sports Medicine found that the number of young female athletes being treated for concussion has tripled over the past 20 years. But according to one researcher, 80% of her sports concussion studies focus on men. 2022 survey It was published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine. Watch the video above. Female athletes are struggling, according to a CBS News study. From the story: Most research on the effects of concussion on athletes has been based on men, and women may not receive the care they need.
- Ann For delivering a package during a police confrontation in North Carolina. From the story: The delivery driver’s dedication to his job was met with a humorous response, with one commenting, “Amazon Delivery Person: Listen. I have work to do and I don’t care what you do.” This package will be delivered today.”
- The Federal Reserve monitors job openings for inflation decisions. After all, From the story: In recent years, economists have expressed skepticism about the government’s monthly job opening numbers. With remote work booming, a wealth of free job posting tools has made posting jobs much easier. pushed the numbers even higher and some companies replicated their listings on the web.
- It was used to prosecute a man who bombed an anti-abortion office in Wisconsin with a Molotov cocktail. From the story: Federal agents have been hunting for nearly a year who threw two Molotov cocktails into the Wisconsin Family Action Office in Madison on May 6. Another set the bookshelf on fire. The message, “If abortion isn’t safe, neither are you,” was spray-painted on the exterior of the building.
- And it will probably continue to get worse. From the story: One of the problems is It occurs little by little and slowly every year, making it a threat that people can easily ignore.
- Finally, local groups Ukrainian embassy personnelthey make up a significant proportion of the country’s armed forces. . From the story: Thousands of women have gone to the forefront to join the Ukrainian army’s war against Russia, often wearing ill-fitting uniforms made for men. has more than quadrupled since 2015, when about 14,000 enlisted. Currently, with an estimated strength of 60,000, according to
Thank you for visiting CBS News.
Create a free account or log in
for more features.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/concussion-research-gender-gap-dna-burrito-arrest-your-weekly-recap-the-saturday-six/ Saturday Six: Concussion study reveals gender differences, burrito DNA leads to arrest and more