The Powerball has had 33 consecutive draws without a jackpot winner. But there were also a few people who won big prizes in Wednesday night’s draw.
Washington — Good News: Then about 45 minutes delay, Wednesday’s Powerball numbers came in. Bad news: I didn’t win the jackpot.
In fact, no one did. The prize money he has is over $500 million, still available and growing. Since August, no one has matched all six numbers correctly.
$508 million on Wednesday power ball Here are the winning numbers: 6-8-15-27-42, Powerball 10, Power Play 3.
there were some Wednesday’s little winner, but. Two tickets he matched all five white ball numbers but missed the Powerball. Lottery players from Michigan and New Jersey each have $1 million tickets. Another New Jersey player matched all five of his numbers except the Powerball, but added a powerplay. So the ticket is worth $2 million.
Wednesday’s draw was initially delayed due to technical issues, but took less than an hour. On his website for Powerball, a lottery official explained that additional time was required due to security requirements at his one of the state lotteries.
“Powerball has strict security requirements that all 48 lotteries must meet before they can be drawn,” the website says.
During the live draw, organizers said Powerball was unable to draw the winning numbers, but the results would be posted to powerball website and the YouTube channel As soon as the issue is fixed. The drawings were posted before midnight EST, less than an hour after he was originally scheduled.
Powerball is currently running 33 consecutive draws without a grand prize winner. power ball to win the jackpot. What are the odds of that happening? Less than 1 in 292 million.
The odds of winning the grand prize are slim, but the possibility of becoming a millionaire is undeniable. There was no jackpot winner on Monday either, but he had $1 million winners in Iowa and Wisconsin, and another player in Kentucky took his $2 million.
last week, 2 players won the $494 million Mega Millions Jackpot, after matching all five numbers and the Mega Ball.that is Second largest Mega Millions prize pool of the year.
This summer’s near-record $1.377 billion Mega Millions Jackpot sent Americans into a lottery frenzy in July until the Illinois winner took home the grand prize. Last month, two people came forward to claim the prize, but chose to remain anonymous.
Powerball holds the world record for the biggest jackpot, winning a whopping $1.586 billion in 2016. The prize money was split between Tennessee, Florida and California winners.
Powerball’s current $550 million jackpot will have to remain unwinnable for some time before hitting its all-time record.
A stack of $500 million in $100 bills is roughly the size of New York’s One World Trade Center.
Let’s take a look at the biggest US jackpots ever:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (3 tickets, from California, Florida and Tennessee)
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (1 ticket, from South Carolina)
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (single ticket from Illinois)
- $1.05 Billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (1 ticket, from Michigan)
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (1 ticket, from Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (1 ticket, from Massachusetts)
- $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (1 ticket, out of Maryland)
- $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021 (1 ticket, out of California)
- $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018 (2 tickets, from Iowa and New York)
- $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets, from Kansas, Illinois, Maryland)
Val Lick contributed to this report.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-world/powerballs-508m-jackpot-winning-numbers/507-fd5c1df2-7b26-47c5-a825-4032dc52a5d9 Powerball winning numbers for Wednesday, October 19, 2022