More than half of Republican candidatesCategorized by CBS News as: — Anyone who raises questions about the validity or integrity of the 2020 elections. A CBS News review of all federal and statewide elections found 308 GOP candidates out of 597 Republicans fell into that category.
CBS News defines an election voter as a candidate who has done one or more of the following:
- He made it clear they believed the 2020 election was stolen.
- Disproved allegations of voter fraud widespread in 2020 have been repeated.
- Added support for audit types from 2020 onwards.
- Signed Texas lawsuits to overturn 2020 election results in several battleground states.
- Objected to certifying the results of the 2020 Electoral College in Arizona and Pennsylvania on January 6, 2021.
- They were unclear when asked if they believed President Joe Biden was legally elected.
The majority of Republican candidates running for the U.S. House of Representatives are classified as election naysayers, as are the majority of Republican candidates running for the U.S. Senate and state governors across the United States. Nearly half of the candidates for secretary of state, public servants who help run future elections, are also considered election naysayers.
It’s not just a red state phenomenon. The study found that election naysayers are voting in major elections in 48 states. Her only two states, Rhode Island and North Dakota, have no electoral deniers on the ballot.
Some incumbents who have run have questioned the validity of the same votes that elected them.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/midterm-elections-gop-candidates-more-than-half-election-deniers-cbs-news-review/ More than half of Republican midterm candidates are ‘election naysayers,’ CBS News review reveals