Some drivers don’t even realize how many useless things they carry in their cars every day. Empty cookie boxes, children’s toys, old receipts – this list can go on endlessly. At the same time, not every car enthusiast knows which goods can definitely come in handy. Read our article to find out what things must be in your vehicle.
- Make sure you have a jack, a wrench, and a spare wheel. If you have a flat tire somewhere in the city or on a busy road, it’s not so scary, you can ask other drivers for help. If such an unpleasant situation occurred far from the settlement in a deserted place, it is better to be prepared in advance. You will agree that there is nothing more unpleasant than getting stuck in a remote area without a spare wheel, especially in winter.
In addition, you need to regularly check the condition of the tire on the spare wheel. There should be no cracks or bumps on it, the inflating valves should be serviceable. What is a jack for? This is a special lifting device, without which you will not be able to fix the car at the height you need.
- Be sure to carry a first aid kit with you. No one wants to think about accidents and other unpleasant situations, but you will definitely need a first aid kit in case of cuts, bruises, and other injuries. It usually contains napkins, plasters, ointments, bandages, scissors, and other items. In order not to forget anything, you can buy a ready-made set, then you will not have to think about filling it.
Do not forget to check the expiration date of the medicines that are in your car. In addition, try to make sure that they are not affected by direct sunlight.
- Put a bottle of special wiper fluid in the trunk. If you regularly drive in bad weather conditions, for example, in fog, this tool will be your indispensable assistant. It is better not to skimp on the quality of such a liquid, low-quality wiper fluids can negatively affect the windshield.
If you decide to buy a used car, try to use the vin decoder to check what service work was carried out earlier. Perhaps you should consider buying new windshield wipers.
- Brush or scraper to remove ice and snow from the vehicle. If your windows are covered with snow, even with a strong desire, you will not be able to drive a car. Make it a habit to clean your car every day in winter. Then you won’t have any problems with visibility.
By the way, we do not recommend using foreign objects to brush snow off the windows. So you can scratch the glass, and in cold weather, any cracks and damage are especially unpleasant. Read the vin report to find out if previous owners had similar problems.
- You may also need a tactical flashlight. In what cases can it be used? For example, if you stopped on the side of the road to replace a wheel in the evening or at night, you can not do without additional light. In case of an accident, they can also break the glass to get out of the car. The only thing you need to remember is to replace the batteries when necessary.
Make sure that your vehicle has all these items. This way you will be able to cope with unforeseen situations on the road.