Equity futures are quiet the day after the S & P 500 broke its 27th record this year amid rising inflation and a rush of job market recovery. This is what we are seeing prior to the opening of trading on Friday.
- Futures related to the S & P 500 shook between profits and losses. The Dow Jones Industrial Average futures rose less than 0.1% on Friday, suggesting a week-long decline in the good stock index.
- Contracts related to the Nasdaq-100 were flat on Friday, indicating slow tech stocks at the time of market opening. Still, Gauge is ready to end the fourth week’s profits.
- Memestock frenzy, the latest stock to participate in Clover Health,
Wendy’s Wendy -3.13%
It worked in a small area, but it was GameStop that started it all.,
I jumped 6% faster than the bell.
- Bitcoin is still higher, even after the recovery of some fraudulent crypto FBIs that have been cut into a reputation as untraceable.
- The University of Michigan Consumer Psychology Index is scheduled for 10 am EST and is expected to rise from 82.9 at the end of May to 84.4 in the first week of June.
- The Group of Seven Summit is underway in the United Kingdom. Leaders from the seven largest developed countries in the world will discuss Covid-19’s recovery from pandemics, climate change and other problems.
Notable market mover
- Stock of pharmaceutical company Vertex Pharmaceuticals VRTX 1.50%
Looking for a sickly premarket with a 13% drop. He said he would stop developing experimental drugs after mid-term studies showed that they were unlikely to bring clinical benefits to people with rare genetic disorders.
- Who is the ski ball?Dave & Busters Play -3.78%
Equities rose 5.6% in front of the market as consumers returned to their location after the entertainment venue chain reported profits for the most recent quarter to recover profits.
Uber UBER 0.83%
It increased by 0.8% before it was put on the market. Chinese competitor Didi Chuxing Technology published its IPO paper on Thursday with a valuation of over $ 70 billion. Diddy is known for winning the fierce price competition that ended in 2016 and successfully driving Uber out of China. However, Uber currently owns a 12.8% stake in Diddy, so he can also benefit from Diddy’s success.
Chewy CHWY 2.03%
Stocks fell 0.8% before marketing after pet product retailers said they were short on some items due to labor shortages and supply problems. Still, investors were thrown bones when they surprised Wall Street with quarterly profits.
- While the pandemic hit India hard, its stock market soared. The MSCI India Index hit a record high this week, rising 14% over the past year.
- This week’s uranium traded at $ 32.05 per pound, according to nuclear fuel data and research firm UxCLLC. Prices reached a record high of $ 136 per pound in 2007, according to records dating back to 1987.
- On this day in 1930, New York Stock Exchange President Richard Whitney witnessed media bids of $ 160 per share for 60,000 US Steel shares in an attempt to rebuild public confidence in the market. I was allowed to. .. Shortly thereafter, stock prices fell below $ 150 on the way to $ 21 at the bottom of the market in 1932.
- Money is being spent on stocks that perform well on issues such as building a diverse workforce and reducing carbon dioxide emissions. However, due to the inconsistent way of evaluating, it is almost impossible to grasp the performance of companies with high evaluation and those with low evaluation.
Must read because you slept
Copyright © 2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Uber, Dave & Buster’s: Things to watch when the stock market opens today
Source link Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Uber, Dave & Buster’s: Things to watch when the stock market opens today