Four months after being banished from Facebook and Instagram, former President Donald Trump will learn on Wednesday whether he can reconnect with tens of millions of followers or be permanently locked out of both social media platforms.
If Trump runs for president again in 2024, his return to Facebook will benefit from outreach and funding. In 2016 and 2020, Trump used Facebook to revitalize his foundation and fund the campaign.
Whatever Facebook’s quasi-independent oversight decision, conservatives accusing major U.S. tech companies of terminating Trump, or the false elections of the former president still pose a dangerous threat It is certain to unleash a wave of anger from the liberals who say.
“From Twitter’s pre-election decision to fill the New York Post’s article about Hunter Biden, to the post-election ban on then-President Donald Trump, to the removal of the parlor platform, tech companies have been elected to do what Americans can do. They’re bending their muscles as no arbitrators-and they can’t see, “Doglas Blair, a communications management assistant at the Heritage Foundation, wrote last month.
A conservative group said Tuesday that it refused six-digit donations from Facebook and Google in 2020 and promised not to accept financial support from big tech companies “as long as it continues to curb conservative perspectives.” It was.
Do you want to ban playing cards? Florida is trying to pass legislation that prevents Facebook and Twitter from censoring politicians
Parliamentary Attack:The story about the parlor was directed to the civil war when Trump began his speech before the Capitol riots.
Prior to the Facebook Oversight Board’s decision, NAACP President Derrick Johnson called Trump “one of the greatest threats to American democracy in modern history.”
“We are urging the former president to do the right thing to protect endangered people and the country,” he said in a statement on Tuesday. .. “We will watch the decision come out tomorrow morning. Facebook has the opportunity to end the era of extremism, division and riots.”
Observers who closely followed previous decisions from the supervisory board said it was likely to dominate Trump in his favor.
Trump lost direct ties to his supporters when launched from the top US social media platforms in the wake of the Capitol attack. Instead, he relied on press releases, personal messages, television interviews, emails, and Robocall patchwork to reach out to supporters.
He also talked about starting his own social media platform. On Tuesday, he launched a web page called “From Donald J. Trump’s Desk.” It will eventually allow him to contact his supporters directly.
The Trump ban is the most important case to date for the supervisory board and has widespread political impact on the country. The board’s decision could also influence how other social media platforms will handle the speeches of world leaders in the future.
Facebook has frozen Trump’s account following an attack on the Capitol on January 6. At the time, Facebook said the two posts violated company rules and praised the attack.
Zuckerberg accused Trump of “attempting to undermine the peaceful and legitimate transfer of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden,” and Trump supporters attacked the Capitol. He said the next day’s suspension was necessary to reduce the risk of violence until Biden’s inauguration. The company then referred the final decision on the suspension of Trump to the supervisory board.
► We are currently accepting readers’ submissions.Create a gaming community with USA TODAY
The decision was scheduled by April 20, but the board extended the 90-day deadline due to a large number of public comments. The board received thousands of comments and appeals from the former president himself during the public input period.
YouTube and other social media companies have also suspended their Trump accounts indefinitely. Snapchat and Twitter have permanently banned Trump. When Mr. Trump’s account was deleted, Twitter had more than 88 million followers.
His YouTube account is still up and running, but Trump can’t upload new videos. YouTube CEO Susan Wojcski said in March that Trump’s ban would be lifted “if it determines that the risk of violence has diminished.”
Trump, who lost his bid for re-election six months ago, continues to insist on electoral fraud. “From this day on, the fraudulent presidential election in 2020 will be known as a big lie!” Trump said in a statement Tuesday.
Elizabeth Renieris, Founding Director of the IBM Institute of Technology Ethics at the University of Notre Dame, said: ..
The decision to come today about the future of his social media
Source link The decision to come today about the future of his social media