Texas

Sexual assault against Lance Armstrong’s son was withdrawn

Austin, Texas (AP) —Texas district lawyers have dismissed Ferrony’s sexual assault charges filed earlier this year by Austin police against the son of former cyclist Lance Armstrong.

Luke Armstrong was charged in April in connection with the 2018 case. The woman told police in November 2020 that she was attacked by Luke Armstrong after driving her from a party to Austin’s father’s house. Luke Armstrong was accused of sexually assaulting a child because she was 16 at the time and he was 18. He was free with personal bonds.

The case was recorded as “DA Refusal / No Claim” on August 24, according to online Travis County Court records. On Monday, the office of Jose Garza, a district attorney for Travis County, confirmed that the claim had been rejected and declined further comments.

“Luke and his family are happy with the result and look forward to clearing his name because of this groundless claim,” said Armstrong lawyer Randy Levitt.

“We have provided the district lawyer’s office with strong evidence that the relationship between the two youths has reached a complete agreement and, as a result, did not constitute a criminal offense,” Leavitt said. increase. “Luke passed two independent polygraph exams, demonstrating that the best judges in the state did not use force or threats to obtain consent.”

Reims Armstrong won the Tour de France seven times before being stripped of these titles after it was revealed that he had used performance-enhancing drugs in much of his career.

According to the arrest Afidabit issued on April 1, the woman was drunk when she met Luke Armstrong in June 2018 and called her to pick her up at a party two days later. rice field. She told police she didn’t remember getting on, but woke up at his house. There she said she had driven her home after sexually assaulting the police.

She then made a recorded call to Armstrong in December 2020, during which she admitted that Armstrong had sex with her at her father’s house a few years ago, Afidabit said.

The girl told police that Armstrong had informed six people that she had sex with her. Four of them remembered the girl who described sex as non-consensual, Afidabit said. One told police that he had agreed to interpret what had happened.

Leavitt previously stated that the relationship between Luke Armstrong and the girl continued after the incident in question.

Luke Armstrong was a spare fullback for the Rice University football team in 2018-19. He opted out of the 2020 season in the corona virus outbreak and did not return this season.

Sexual assault against Lance Armstrong’s son was withdrawn

Source link Sexual assault against Lance Armstrong’s son was withdrawn

Back to top button