HARRY and Meghan have been told they CANNOT be a private armed security guard on their first trip from Europe to Megxit.
The Duke of Sussex is being sued by the British government after he was removed from his role as a tax-funded Met Police armed guard.
In the High Court documents, the Duke says that he “does not feel safe” without armed security in Britain and that the decision is “illegal” and “unfair”. no permission to use.
Dutch authorities said last night that private officers close to Harry and Meghan could not be armed if they traveled to the Netherlands this weekend for the Invictus Games.
The couple will be at the opening ceremony in The Hague on Saturday.
The Dutch royal family is expected to attend the games, but Harry and Meghan will not be staying at their palaces and will not have an official reception for the couple.
Harry and Meghan are believed to be using armed security from A-listen bodyguards when star Gavin de Becker is in America.
Asked if private guards in the Netherlands are allowed to carry weapons, police spokeswoman Anna Sophia Posthumus said: “No, only government officials (police, military, etc.) in the Netherlands are allowed to carry weapons.”
They will team up with a Netflix film crew for a documentary as part of a £ 112 million deal with streaming giants.
He left Prince Philip’s Thanksgiving Service at Westminster Abbey last month.
Harry is expected to give a speech at the opening ceremony on Saturday.
King Willem-Alexander and Princess Margriet will attend a seven-day game of wounded soldiers at The Zuiderpark in The Hague.
But there will be no official royal reception or red carpet for the couple.
A spokesman for the Dutch Royal Family said: “King Willem-Alexander and Princess Margriet will attend the Invictus Games. The Princess will be at the opening ceremony on April 16th, and the King at the closing ceremony on April 22.” Meghan has not been to the UK since she flew to Canada in March 2020 at Westminster Abbey just hours before the Commonwealth Day ceremony.
Harry returned to the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh last year and visited the statue of Princess Diana.
Prince Harry and Meghan said they could not have a private armed guard on a trip to Holland after the removal of Philip’s memorial.
Source link Prince Harry and Meghan said they could not have a private armed guard on a trip to Holland after the removal of Philip’s memorial.