September 15, 2021
São Paulo (Reuters) -Pele was moved from the intensive care unit to the general room after the Brazilian football community had surgery to remove a tumor in the right colon, Albert Einstein Hospital in São Paulo said Tuesday.
The hospital added in a statement that the 80-year-old was in good clinical condition.
Pele, who won the World Cup three times, was hospitalized earlier this month because a routine examination revealed a tumor in the right colon. The tumor was removed and sent for analysis.
Pele has been suffering from hip problems for years and cannot walk on her own. His public appearance has already been cut before the COVID-19 pandemic, and since then he has made little unnecessary intrusion outside his home near Santos.
(Report by Eduardo Simoes, edited by Pritha Sarkar)
Pele has been moved out of the intensive care unit, the hospital says
Source link Pele has been moved out of the intensive care unit, the hospital says