Entertainment

Latin American boy band CNCO loses members

New York – Latin American boy band CNCO is downsizing.

The group announced on Sunday’s official Instagram page that 22-year-old Joel Pimentel has left the band and turned a successful quintet into a quartet.

“It’s sad to say that after five and a half years of unforgettable life changes, Friday, May 14th will be Joel’s last day as a CNCO member. Joel is leaving and pursuing new opportunities. In the meantime, we want you to know that we are always brothers. We will support him in his next chapter and, most importantly, always remain a family. I read the statements from the remaining members, Richard Camacho, Eric Brian Colon, Christopher Vélez and Zabdiel de Jesus.

“We know that this news is disastrous and will be as difficult for everyone as we are, but thank you for sticking to us. There are differences, but this of CNCO I’m so excited to continue the new era and can’t wait to see what we have for you! “

Advertising

CNCO, which has members from 20 to 25 years old formed in 2015 in the univision music competition series “La Banda” produced by Ricky Martin and Simon Cowell, will perform the final performance as a group of five on Friday. Also announced. ..

“You guys are so excited to keep us moving and stay together stronger than ever, so we wanted to give you the last gift together,” they said live. He talked about streaming concerts.

CNCO was a huge success on the Latin music charts and made eight top 10 hits on the Billboard Latin Pop Airplay charts. This includes the No. 1 songs “Reggaetón Lento (Bailemos)” and “Se Vuelve Loca”. The band’s songs are delivered to viewers around the world. , Colombia, Mexico, Spain, Argentina and other countries have been particularly successful.

Advertising

CNCO’s first two albums (2016 “Primera Cita” and 2018 “CNCO”) debuted at number one on the Latin charts and reached the top 40 on the Billboard 200 album charts for all genres. The band’s latest cover album “Déjà Vu” was released in February.

The group has won multiple honors at the Latin American Music Awards, Latin Billboard Music Awards, and iHeartRadio Music Awards. The band’s “MTV Unplugged at Home” performance won the highest quarantine performance at last year’s MTV Video Music Awards and was nominated for the best new artist at the 2017 Latin Grammy Awards.

Over the years, many popular boy bands have lost members. The results vary. Some members will be replaced, some groups will be disbanded, and others will move forward. Zayn Malik left One Direction in 2015 and the group continued without him, but NSYNC did not release music after Justin Timberlake dropped his 2002 Grammy-winning solo debut. It was.

Advertising

In a second statement released in the Associated Press, CNCO said the band “wants to be family, sibling, and let CNCO wners know that it will never change.”

“We are stronger than ever and this is just the beginning for us. There are so many exciting things to come out soon. I can’t wait to share them with you! “The statement continues. That’s why we wanted to give this live stream as the last gift we can see together. “

Copyright 2021 AP communication. all rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.



Latin American boy band CNCO loses members

Source link Latin American boy band CNCO loses members

Back to top button