Entertainment

Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges in the UK

LONDON – Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges of sexually assaulting three men a decade or more ago.

Spacey, 62, spoke clearly while denying five charges during a hearing in London’s Central Criminal Court.

Judge Mark Wall set a date for June 6, 2023 for the trial to begin and said it would last three to four weeks.

The former “House of Cards” star, who directed London’s Old Vic Theater between 2004 and 2015, has denied four counts of sexual assault and one of causing a person to engage in penetrating sexual activity without their consent.

The events allegedly took place in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and one in the west of England in April 2013. The victims are now between 30 and 40 years old.

Space’s lawyer previously said the plaintiff “flatly denies” the allegations.

Spacey was released on bail and allowed to return to the United States after a preliminary hearing last month.

Announcement

Spacey won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for the 1995 film “The Usual Suspects” and an Oscar for Lead Actor for the 1999 film “American Beauty”.

But his famous career came to an abrupt halt in 2017 when actor Anthony Rapp accused the star of assaulting him at a party in the 1980s, when Rapp was a teenager. Spacey denies the allegations.

Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges in the UK

Source link Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges in the UK

Back to top button