Sports

Family says linebacker at the University of Texas died from accidental overdose

Austin, Texas – Former Texas linebacker, former Longhorns quarterback Sam Ehlinger’s younger brother Jake Ellinger died from an accidental drug overdose caused by fentanyl, the family said Thursday.

Jake Elinger, 20, was discovered on May 6th. The cause of death was not immediately announced, and a family statement said he had taken the prescription drug Xanax, which was contaminated with toxic substances such as fentanyl.

“The epidemic of counterfeit pills is an important ongoing problem across our country, especially schools, universities and universities,” the family said.

“Our family continues to handle Jake’s death, so I felt it was important to share these details in the hope that Jake wouldn’t die in vain,” the statement continued. .. “I hope that sharing Jake’s story will shed light on this issue and prevent other families from tragically losing their loved ones.”

advertisement

Jake Ehringer did not play for two seasons in Texas after arriving as a walk-on from Westlake High School in Austin. Sam Ehlinger was selected in the sixth round of Indianapolis Colts after being ranked as a career path leader in Texas after a college career.

Sam and Jake’s father, Ross Elinger, died of an apparent heart attack in 2013 at the age of 46 while competing in a triathlon in San Francisco.

Copyright 2021 AP communication. all rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.

Family says linebacker at the University of Texas died from accidental overdose

Source link Family says linebacker at the University of Texas died from accidental overdose

Back to top button