Entertainment

Coroner decides Michael K. Williams died from accidental overdose | Entertainment



A New York City coroner has determined that actor Michael K. Williams has died of “acute poisoning due to the combined action of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin, and cocaine.”


Getty Images


Actor Michael K. Williams has died of “acute poisoning due to the combined action of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine,” a New York City coroner has determined.

In a statement on Friday, his death was considered accidental in nature, an office spokesman said.

Williams was found dead in an apartment in New York City earlier this month.

In a 2017 interview with The New York Times, Williams talked about the fight against substance abuse.

“The addiction doesn’t go away,” he said. “It’s a daily struggle for me, but I’m fighting.”

Williams recently appeared on HBO’s “Lovecraft Country” and the series “F is for Family.”

He has risen to the star with the nuances and powerful performances of “The Wire” as Omar Little. He was also praised for his work on “Boardwalk Empire,” “Bessie,” and “The Night of.”

Williams would then co-star in the biography of director George Tillman Jr.’s Sony George Foreman.

The news of Williams’ sudden death caused a flood of compliments from loved ones, fans, and his friends in entertainment, including last week’s Emmy Awards.

Coroner decides Michael K. Williams died from accidental overdose | Entertainment

Source link Coroner decides Michael K. Williams died from accidental overdose | Entertainment

Back to top button