San Antonio – Viva Fiesta! After a break in 2020, we’re finally back at San Antonio’s biggest party. Want to know what’s happening every day? KSAT is featured in the Fiesta section and in the What to Do and Fiesta Newsletter. Sign up here.
This is what’s happening on the third day of Fiesta 2021-it’s the first Saturday of Fiesta, so there’s a lot to do!
* Please note that the event name and part of the event description are from the official Fiesta organization.
- Fiesta Women’s & Co-Ed Soccer Tournament-This tournament helps sponsor college and high school soccer teams during the off-season and assist in efforts to offer college scholarships to league members. The event will take place at the Schertz Soccer Complex from 8am to 8pm.
- Fiesta Castle Hills-This event includes 5k professionally timed fun runs, community parades, artisan vendor festivals, food and drink booths, children’s games and live music. Fiesta Castle Hills will be held at Castle Hills Commons from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Mission Reach Flotilla Fiesta-This is a public kayaking event on the San Antonio River. In 2019, the Mission Reach Flotilla Fiesta was rowed by more than 425 participants. The event will take place at Mission County Park Trailhead from 10am to 2pm.
- Viva Botanica-Explore and enjoy 38 acres of nature at this family-friendly Fiesta event that includes hands-on activities, culinary tastings, and performances. The event will take place at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Fiesta de los Reyes-Experience daily live entertainment from multiple stages featuring a variety of music, from the best of Tejano, Cumbia and Conjunto to rocking cover bands. Enjoy Fiesta’s classic dishes such as funnel cakes, agua fresca, turkey legs and fajitas, as well as more than 30 different food booth options. This free event will take place on June 20th at Market Square from 10am to 1am.
- Fiesta de los Ninos Esports Competition-Texas’ largest Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Competition, 10 Texas University esports teams fight for scholarships. The event will take place at the Port Authority of San Antonio from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Chaparral Music & Heritage Festival-Award-winning country music star Jack Ingram will perform with special guests Dylan Wheeler, John Stoke, Catherine Legendre and more. This family-friendly event will take place at Hemis Fair from noon to 11:00 pm.
- This sacred place: Alamo Plaza Historical Walking Tour-Historians take participants on tours around important locations, including Alamo Plaza. This is an educational opportunity for residents, students and heritage visitors to San Antonio and has been an official Fiesta event since 1988. The tour runs from noon to 1:30 pm at Alamo Plaza.
- Fiesta Kings Cup Polo Party-This is a fast polo match that benefits students and veterans who want to ride horses through the San Antonio Horse Education Foundation. The event will take place at Ormos Basin Park from noon to 4 pm.
- Incognito: Fiesta’s Masquerade Dance Dance Dance Party-This masquerade is a music and mystery Fiesta opportunity as guests wear costumes and masks. No DJ – Only live music from San Antonio’s hottest cumbia and reggae rooted party bands. The biggest feature of this year’s event is the “Illumination Bike Parade”. This virtual event runs from 4 pm to midnight.
- Chanclas Y Cervezas-Chanclas y Cervezas is an official Fiesta-affiliated event in favor of two of the most iconic southern accessories, Shanclas and Beer. 100% of the profit from Chanclas y Cervezas goes to Brooks Gives Back. The event will take place on the Green Line from 5 pm to 10 pm.
- Investiture of King Antonio-The Investiture of King Antonio is a decades-old tradition that first began in 1927. The ceremony includes a coronation with a feathered hat. The event will be held at Alamo Plaza from 6 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil-This masquerade-themed party includes food, drinks, live entertainment, and silent auctions with items from local artists and businesses. This event benefits Fiesta’s only officially participating LGBTQ + non-profit charity. The event will take place at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens from 7 pm to 11 pm.
Click here to return to the 2021 Fiesta event schedule page.
What should I wear? Check out the forecasts from KSAT meteorologists.
The following events are broadcast live on Fiesta on KSAT 12 TV, the KSAT OTT app, and KSAT.com.
SA Live After Party-Monday, June 21-9pm
To receive KSAT’s free Things To Do newsletter, please send an email to:
Copyright 2021-KSAT All rights reserved.
Chanclas y Cervezas, midnight in the garden of good and evil
Source link Chanclas y Cervezas, midnight in the garden of good and evil