British father dies on family trip to Disney World in Florida after ingesting fentanyl, inquest says

British father dies on family trip to Disney World florida A hearing was held after taking the synthetic opioid fentanyl.

Philip Weyborn, from West Malling, Kent, suddenly fell ill in May while vacationing in the United States with his wife and young son.

A 40-year-old former director of an international IT company has collapsed and died after going to a bar at Epcot’s Yacht Club Hotel.

His inquest, held at the Maidstone County Courthouse, was heard while he was being rushed to the hospital, where his condition deteriorated rapidly and nothing could be done to save him.

A post-mortem blood test revealed that he had lethal levels of fentanyl in his system. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid similar to morphine that can prove lethal at just 2 milligrams.

The drug that killed pop star Prince is believed to be responsible for nearly a million deaths in the United States since 1999.

According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, “Fentanyl is the deadliest drug threat our nation has ever encountered. No community is safe from this poison.

Philip Weyborn died after ingesting a fatal dose of fentanyl while vacationing in Florida.

The 40-year-old went to Orlando’s Boathouse restaurant for lunch with his wife and young son on the day of his death and felt better.

In a statement read out at the hearing, his wife Dorin Weyborn said:

“On May 23rd, we woke up late and there were no theme parks to attend that day.

“It was supposed to be a relaxing day, so we booked a meal at The Boathouse, a Disney Springs seafood restaurant that also hosts tours in vintage amphibious vehicles.

“My son and I were shopping and met Philip at the Boat House at 1pm.”

“I had the best lunch and drank champagne like I used to when I lived in Dubai.

“Then we got on the amphibious vehicle and were back at the hotel at the end of the day around 5:30pm.”

Mrs. Weybourne explained that her husband, the Middle East Director of Excis Compliance Limited, a global IT support company, said he wanted to keep drinking and went alone to the Yacht Club hotel on Epcot Resorts Boulevard.

After the family returned to the hotel, Weybourne went to Epcot’s Yacht Club Hotel (pictured) for drinks, where he collapsed.

What is fentanyl and why is it so dangerous?

Fentanyl was originally developed in Belgium in the 1950s to help cancer patients manage pain.

Given its extreme potency, it is growing in popularity among recreational drug users.

Overdose deaths associated with synthetic opioids like fentanyl jumped from nearly 10,000 in 2015 to nearly 20,000 in 2016, surpassing common opioid pain relievers and heroin for the first time.

In 2017, more than 72,000 people died in the United States from drug overdoses. This record was brought to us by fentanyl.

It is often added to heroin because it produces the same euphoria as the drug and its effects are biologically identical. But it could be up to 50 times more potent than heroin, according to US officials.

In the United States, fentanyl is classified as a Schedule II drug. This indicates that although it has some medical uses, it has a high potential for abuse and can lead to psychological and physical dependence.

After taking a shower, he went to the bar.

Two hours later, Mrs Weyborn heard a knock on her hotel room door and was told that her husband had been taken to hospital by ambulance.

Mrs Weyborn “asked them if it was heat stroke or heart attack.”

He was taken to Advent Health Celebration, a small hospital nearby, whose patients are often travelers visiting Disney World.

Mrs Weyborn said, “When I got to the hospital, my husband was not there. I remember the doctor telling me the time of his death was 8:06 p.m.”

The doctor tells Mrs. Weyborn that her husband has died of cardiac arrest.

An autopsy revealed that his system contained lethal levels of fentanyl.

Assistant Coroner Catherine Wood said: “This must have been very difficult and painful for Mr. Weyborn’s family.

“Mr Weyborn died in another country and we do not know the circumstances leading to his death.

“He had no underlying health problems and an autopsy revealed that his death was caused by lethal levels of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid used as a pain reliever.

“My deepest condolences to Mr Weyborn’s family.

“It must have been a huge shock, and it wasn’t something I had to relive at the inquest.

“I hope you can start rebuilding your life.”

Mrs. Weybourne joined via video link with Mr. Weybourne’s mother Margaret and sister Emma Wood.

They were unwilling to comment further, stating at the inquest: It’s time to close.

We reached out to Disney for comment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11450869/British-father-died-family-trip-Disney-World-Florida-ingesting-fentanyl-inquest-told.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 British father dies on family trip to Disney World in Florida after ingesting fentanyl, inquest says

Exit mobile version