Equity futures are rocking as investors are reviewing small studies suggesting that variants of Omicron can cause mild illness. Here’s what we’re seeing in trading on Monday:
- Cryptocurrencies have been stable after the weekend routs have caused Bitcoin prices to fall by more than 20%. Other widely traded cryptocurrencies, such as Solana, Dogecoin and Shiba Inu coins, have lost more than one-fifth of their value at some point. Bitcoin on Monday traded at around $ 48,400, down almost 10% from Friday’s 5 pm level, but up from Saturday’s low of $ 42,000.
- Cryptographic stocks showed stocks. Bitcoin wallet provider Coinbase ran a 6.1% premarket and Bitcoin miner Marathon Digital fell 12%.
- Coles shares added a 2.7% premarket. Activist investors are urging department store chains to consider selling their company or separating their e-commerce business.
- Science Applications International will report earnings before the opening bell.
- Alibaba’s US trading stocks rose 2%. China’s tech giant said it will reorganize its e-commerce team and appoint a new chief financial officer as it faces intensifying competition, slowing growth and plunging stock prices in China.
- Crude oil prices have risen, and producer stocks have followed suit. Occidental Petroleum increased by 1.5% and ConocoPhillips increased by 1.1%.
- Coupa Software, GitLab and HealthEquity will provide quarterly updates after closing.
- By focusing on environmental, social and governance standards, Nasdaq has been able to win a new listing of $ 191 billion so far this year, compared to $ 109 billion on the New York Stock Exchange.
Write a letter to James Willhite at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitcoin, Coinbase, Shiba Inu, Alibaba: Notable when the stock market opens today
Source link Bitcoin, Coinbase, Shiba Inu, Alibaba: Notable when the stock market opens today