President Joe Biden’s trip to Fort Worth, Texas on Tuesday is personal – an opportunity to talk to veterans and their carers and push for more help for military members struggling with health problems after being exposed to burns.
In a speech last week, Biden raised the prospect of being close to the materials from pits where military waste was burned in Iraq, leading to the death of his son Beau.
“We do not know for sure whether burns were the cause of his brain cancer, or the diseases of so many of our soldiers,” Biden said in his speech. “But I’m determined to find out all we can.”
White House Chief of Staff Jen Psaki said Monday that Biden will travel to Texas with Denis McDonough, the Secretary of State. They will visit the Fort Worth VA Clinic, with comments to follow up on the Tarrant County Resource Connection on “increasing access to health care and benefits for veterans affected by exposure to harmful substances, toxins and other environmental risks,” including brown. pits, plots where the military destroyed tires, batteries, medical waste and other materials.
Biden, a Democrat, will also demand that Congress pass a bill protecting veterans who suffer health consequences after exposure to fire. The House last week approved a bill that would provide VA health care to millions of veterans in Iraq and Afghanistan who meet those criteria.
Biden’s son, Beau, was a major in the Delaware Army National Guard who sent him to Iraq in 2008. The Delaware Attorney General was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2013 and died two years later, at the age of 46.
It is difficult to link toxic exposure to an individual’s disease state. The concentration of toxic substances is often well below the limits required for immediate poisoning. However, the VA website for exposure to hazardous substances, along with scientists and doctors, says that soldiers face risks and dangers after being exposed to pollution.
Biden is looking for more healthcare for veterinarians exposed to burns
Source link Biden is looking for more healthcare for veterinarians exposed to burns