Texas

A prominent San Antonio lawyer files a $ 2 billion proceeding against Astroworld organizer Travis Scott

A large multi-billion dollar proceeding has surpassed the pile of claims against rappers Travis Scott and Drake, as well as the organizers of the Astroworld Festival in Houston earlier this month.

This was after 10 people were killed and hundreds were injured at the event after a crowd surge during Scott’s performance at NRG Stadium. Over 50,000 people participated in the festival.

San Antonio-based lawyer Thomas J. Henry filed a $ 2 billion proceeding on Thursday on behalf of 282 victims, covering a long list of defendants.

According to a news release from a law firm, the proceedings are seeking damages of up to $ 2 billion from Scott, Aubrey Lake Graham (Drake), Apple Music, Live Nation and NRG Stadium.

advertisement

“The defendant stood up to earn an exorbitant amount of money from the case, but still chose to cut corners, cut costs and endanger attendees,” Henry said in a statement. “My client wants to ensure that defendants are responsible for their actions and send a message to all performers, event organizers and promoters that what happened at Astroworld will never happen again. “

Houston police are still investigating the tragedy that took place at Astroworld, and Harris County managers will conduct another investigation earlier this week.

According to the Associated Press report, managers will “work with other city and county organizations to consider security, fire and other safety plans” at NRG Park.

advertisement

Authorities said each AP had a park operation plan in place, including plans for what to do in the event of active shooter, bomb or terrorist threats and bad weather. However, it did not include a protocol on what to do during a crowd surge.

Hundreds of proceedings have already been filed against Scott, Drake and the event organizers. No one has been charged with criminal charges at the time of the final check.

We will continue to update this story as it becomes available.

Details of KSAT:

Copyright 2021-KSAT All rights reserved.

A prominent San Antonio lawyer files a $ 2 billion proceeding against Astroworld organizer Travis Scott

Source link A prominent San Antonio lawyer files a $ 2 billion proceeding against Astroworld organizer Travis Scott

Back to top button